Formentera in 5 essential restaurants
The smallest of the Baleares Islands includes an area of barely 80 square kilometres, nonetheless Formentera has a wide offer of high quality restaurants. Here you will find for sure many Italian specialties, but also a lot of local and Mediterranean specialities. We have chosen for you 5 essential addresses which will leave a good taste in your mouth, and a better place in your memory. Bon appétit!
1. Can Rafalet. One of the best places where you can relish a very tasty fish & seafood paella, is this simple and very popular restaurant located in the hostel of the same name. It's terrace extends almost to the seashore of Es Caló. If you want a table with a good panoramic view to the sea, you’d better make a reservation in advance. Caló de Sant Agustí. Tel.: 971 327 016
2. Casanita Cantina y Pescado. This is probably one of the best Italian restaurant all around Formentera. You don’t come to this place to eat pizza,but also to enjoy some excellent seafood dishes. Among its specialties, the baccalá stands out; this is a kind of cod brandade, very typical from Venice. Tel.: 971 321 968 - Web - Es Pujols
3. Bocasalina. With a very romantic ambience, the delicious Mediterranean cooking is prepared and presented with caress. The steak tartar here is really successful, and so for desserts, especially the homemade ice-creams which are strongly recommended. In July and August is better if you make a reservation in advance. Tel.: 971 329 113 - Paseo Marítimo, Es Pujols.
4. Can Dani. This is the only restaurant all around Formentera and Ibiza awarded with a Michelin star. The menu varies every season, but it always revolves around the native products. Definitely the best place where to enjoy a great gourmet experience with the flavors of the land. Tel.: 971 328 505 - Web
5. Tanga. This beach bar has been serving paellas and seafood dishes in Llevant beach for more than 30 years. Mussels, raós, black rice or brandade are some of their specialties. Tel.: 971 1870905 - Web